THE FOLLOWING NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW YOUR CLINICAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
Your confidential healthcare information may be released to other healthcare professionals within the Eastway Corporation for the purpose of providing you with quality healthcare.
Your confidential healthcare information may be released to your insurance provider for the purpose of the Eastway Corporation receiving payment for providing you with needed healthcare services. If you pay out of pocket in full for services, you have the right to restrict certain disclosures of your confidential healthcare information to your insurance provider.
Your confidential healthcare information may be released to public or law enforcement officials in the event of an investigation in which you are a victim of abuse, a crime or domestic violence.
Your confidential healthcare information may be released to other healthcare providers in the event you need emergency care.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released to a public health organization or federal organization in the event of a communicable disease or to report a defective device or untoward event to a biological product (food or medication).
- Your confidential healthcare information may not be released for any other purpose than that which is identified in this notice without your consent.
- Your confidential healthcare information may be released only after receiving written authorization from you. Authorization is required for most uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes, uses and disclosures of confidential healthcare information for marketing purposes, disclosures that constitute a sale of confidential healthcare information, and other uses and disclosures not described in this Notice.
- You may revoke your permission to release confidential healthcare information at any time.
- You may be contacted by the Eastway Corporation to remind you of appointments, healthcare treatment options or other health services that may be of interest to you.
- You have the right to restrict the use of your confidential healthcare information. However, the Eastway Corporation may choose to refuse your restriction if it is in conflict of providing you with quality healthcare or in the event of an emergency situation.
- You have the right to receive confidential communication about your health status.
- You have the right to review and obtain a copy of your confidential healthcare information consistent with the federal Privacy Rule. You will be responsible for changes associated with receiving a copy of your confidential healthcare information.
- You have the right to make changes to your healthcare information.
- You have the right to know who has accessed your confidential healthcare information and for what purpose.
- You have the right to be notified if there is a breach of your unsecured confidential healthcare information.
- You have the right to a copy of this Privacy Notice.
- The Eastway Corporation is required by law to protect the privacy of its clients. It will keep confidential any and all client healthcare information and will provide clients with a list of duties or practices that protect confidential healthcare information.
- Your protected healthcare information may include a full face photographic image used for identification purposes. Image is stored securely in your electronic medical record.
- The Eastway Corporation will abide by the terms of the notice. The Eastway Corporation reserves the right to make changes to this notice and continue to maintain the confidentiality of all healthcare information. Clients will receive a mailed copy of any changes to this notice within 60 days of making the change, as appropriate.
You have the right to complain to the Eastway Corporation if you believe your rights to privacy have been violated. If you feel your privacy rights have been violated, please mail your complaint to the Eastway Corporation:
- ATTN: Privacy Officer
- Eastway Corporation
- 600 Wayne Ave.
- Dayton, OH 45410
- (937) 496-2000
- All complaints will be investigated. No personal issue will be raised for filing a complaint with the Eastway Corporation.
This notice became effective as of April 14, 2003.
Most Recent Update: January 26, 2015.